Graduate school has been quite the adventure. I completed my first class, "Public Management", in mid-August and while we were leaving the classroom, the Professor told us to enjoy our summer - what little was left of it. I can't speak for my classmates, but I sure did enjoy!
I figured that since I live at the Jersey shore, I would do something novel and GO TO THE BEACH. 11, 9 and I went for a full Sunday, then the whole family went the next two days. I found out that my bathing suit does not do sand well and I had such a lump, I looked like a guy in drag, except for the breasts, of course. The only way to remedy it was to put on my sundress and remove my bathing suit a la Jennifer Beals in Flashdance, then empty out my bathing suit of the 17 pounds of sand that were piled in the inner lining. The tough part was getting the suit back on without flashing anything a la Britney. Somehow I managed, maybe because I wasn't drunk and lolling all over the place?
The 4th and final day of my summer vacation, we went to Hurricane Harbor - http://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneHarborNJ/index.aspx - which is about 40 minutes from our house, so much farther than the ocean, but so much less sand! I was amazed at what fish my children are. All three had no problem swimming the entire length of the lazy river. With the exception of 11's amazing disappearing act on a regular basis, it was a great time.
But now, we are all back at school, tans fading, tomato plants giving their last fruit, the dogwood leaves already starting to change.
Ah, the fall. My favorite time of year!
TG
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment